Call for Papers
Special Issues of Radioengineering
A paper is requested being submitted online via Radioengineering journal submission system. The manuscript has to be prepared in MS Word or LaTex in Radioengineering Publishing Style.
Due to the very short publication time, extreme care has to be devoted to the formal processing of the paper. A paper of an inadequate form might be rejected from that reason. An author is requested to submit a PDF version of the paper together with the MS Word document (or LaTeX archive and source files) in order to simplify handling the paper.
Note: Please do indicate „Special issue April 2014“ in the cover letter during the online submission.
A Special Issue on Advances in Radar Systems and Their Applications
Dr. Jurgen Sachs (Ilmenau University of Technology, Germany)
Prof. Dusan Kocur (Technical University of Kosice, Slovakia)
Radio Detection and Ranging (RADAR) is remote sensing approach using properly selected waveforms and antennas to transmit electromagnetic energy into a specific volume in space to search for targets. Objects (targets) within a search volume will reflect portions of this energy back to the radar. Then, these echoes are processed by the radar receiver to extract target information such as range, velocity, angular position, shape, and other object identifying characteristics. The outlined basic principle of the radar operation combined with the newest achievements of electromagnetic wave theory, RF technology and antennas, signal processing, applied mathematics and computer science has brought quit a number of not only traditional but also completely new applications of radar systems. Today, radars are the pervasive systems applied in fields such as surveillance, defence and security, meteorology, medical imaging, airborne and space based imaging, automotive safety, civil aviation, crop monitoring, forestry and biomass estimation, and many others. This is a call for papers on the latest advances in radar systems and their applications for a special issue in Radioengineering Journal.
The following topics should be addressed in this issue:
- electromagnetic wave propagation: phenomenology, theory, modeling and numerical techniques
- target and environment characteristics: target RCS clutter and interference modeling, simulation, measurement and analysis
- radar components and subsystems: design and technologies
- advanced RF and antenna systems: theory, modeling and measurements
- radar concepts, architectures and systems
- radar signal and data processing, data exploitation
- advanced mathematical techniques for radar systems
- emerging technologies: laser radar, terahertz technology, cognitive radar, etc.
- radar system applications
- education in radar systems and technologies: objectives, methods and experiences
|Manuscript submission:|| 2 December 2013
|Notification of acceptance:||15 January 2014|
|Final manuscript submission:||15 February 2014|
|Special Issue release:||1 April 2014|