September 2003, Volume 12, Number 3
In the paper, a reduction algorithm for transforming the general eigenvalue problem to the standard one is presented for both classical full-matrix methods and a sparse-matrix technique appropriate for large-scale circuits. An optimal pivoting strategy for the two methods is proposed to increase the precision of the computations. The accuracy of the algorithms is furthermore increased using longer numerical data. First, a ORQJ.GRXEOH precision sparse algorithm is compared with the GRXEOH precision sparse and full-matrix ones. Finally, the application of a suitable multiple-precision arithmetic library is evaluated.
- RUBNER-PETERSEN, T. On sparse matrix reduction for computingthe poles and zeros of linear systems, In Proceedings of the 4thInternational Symposium on Network Theory. Ljubljana (Slovenia),1979.
- RALSTON A. A first course in numerical analysis. New York:McGraw-Hill Inc., 1965.
- KNUTH, D. Seminumerical algorithms. 3rd ed., vol. 2 of The Art ofComputer Programming. Reading (MA): Addison-Wesley, 1997,sections 4.2.1 and 4.3.1.
- BIOLEK, D. Secondary root polishing techniques in computercircuit analysis. In Proceedings of the Radioelektronika'99. Brno(Czech Republic), 1999, p. 42 - 45.
- DOBES, J. An accurate poles-zeros analysis for large-scale analogand digital circuits. In Proceedings of the IEEE InternationalConference on Electronics, Circuits and Systems. St.Julians (Malta),2001, p. 1027 - 1030.
- BIOLEK, D., BIOLKOVA, V., DOBES, J. (Semi)symbolicmodeling of large linear systems: pending issues. In Proceedings ofthe ISSSE'01 URSI International Symposium on Signals, Systems,and Electronics. Tokyo (Japan), 2001, p. 397 - 399.
Universal multifunctional (low-pass, high-pass, band-pass, band-reject and all-pass) nth-order active RC filters in current mode are presented in this paper. The filters are based on several multi-loop feedback and state-variable structures. Their modification and implementation using multi-output transconductors (OTA) and current followers are given.
- CHEN, W.K. The circuits and filters handbook. Florida: CRC Press,1995. <